Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Comfort Zone volunteer.
1) The first step is to create a My Comfort Zone account and fill out the volunteer application, which includes permission for Comfort Zone to conduct a criminal background and personal reference check. Click on green button below.
If you are applying to be a Big Buddy, please provide as much detail as possible regarding your interests and hobbies, as this information will be used to "match" you with a camper.
The information shared in your application will remain confidential within Comfort Zone Camp.
2) Sign up for and complete a six hour volunteer training which covers Comfort Zone’s volunteer expectations, what to expect at camp and common questions and concerns related to childhood grief.
Once you have selected a training date, you are registered to attend. You will receive a reminder e-mail approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the training session you selected.
3) To become a volunteer at camp, sign up for a camp session(s) through your My Comfort Zone account and see steps 4-7 below. Once you sign up, the session(s) will appear under My Upcoming Camps. Please note: we cannot guarantee you will be matched as a Big Buddy or assigned a volunteer role for a camp session that you selected.
If interested in being a volunteer outside of camp, please e-mail Comfort Zone at [email protected].
4) Approximately 4 weeks prior to your selected camp session, Comfort Zone will e-mail you in order to confirm your availability. This is for planning purposes and to ensure you are still interested and available. This does not guarantee you will be assigned a role for camp; however, we ask that you continue to hold the weekend for us until we have notified you of an assignment, or not.
5) Approximately 1 week prior to camp, Comfort Zone will notify you if you have or have not been assigned a role at camp by e-mail and through your My Comfort Zone account. At this time, you will also receive additional information you’ll need for camp.
6) If you have been matched as a Big Buddy, Comfort Zone will make your camper’s information available to you through your My Comfort Zone account.
7) For the camp weekend, arrive at the camp site at 2:30 p.m. on Friday. Camp ends at approximately 4 p.m. on Sunday.
Already created a Username/Password? Login here.